How to clean rings the easy way. If you have a family member who has served or is still serving in the military then you may have seen a military ring. Classic military rings are not only considered a treasure but are also part of the family history. They often feature incredible detail, clean and distinctive features and superior workmanship. Apart from being comfortable to wear, they have a rugged built to make them last for several years. The preciousness and the quality with which these rings have been made means that they must be well taken care of. Here is how to clean United States Army Rings.
For simple cleaning, you need to soak the ring in warm water and put little soap to remove the dirt. However, for regular cleaning, use a soft cloth and ammonia solution with no abrasives or chlorine. Use a soft brush to brush off dirt. Since most military rings are delicate you need to be gentle. Once you are done, rinse with clean water.
How To Clean Rings & Tools Needed
Tools needed and preparation for the task.
- Liquid dish soap
- A small basin
- Soft cloth or paper towels
Prepare the solution– Start by preparing a basin of water and at least 3 drops of cleaning soap. This will work very well when cleaning the navy rings.
Soak the military rings– Gently put the rings at the bottom of the basin and leave them to soak for at least 7 minutes depending on their material.
Brush– Remove the rings from the basin after 7 minutes, dip a toothbrush into the soap solution and then begin to gently brush them. Try to go deep into the crevices of the ring so at to remove any debris or dirt that might have built over time. Make sure you give the rings a nice, gently scrub.
Rinse the ring and dry – Once you are done with cleaning rinse your army rings in plain water and use a paper towel or soft cloth to dry them.
If you do it well, your military rings will not only look fabulous but also be sparkling clean. After you are done with cleaning and wiping them make sure you keep them in a box with fabric lining and store them carefully in a separate compartment to prevent them from touching other things.
Tips to help you keep Military Rings Clean
- Never leave the rings in a sink rim since they may slip and find their way into the drain.
- Resist the temptation to touch them since oils from your hands might cloud them.
- Be careful not to expose the rings to a chlorine bleach as this might damage their setting.
- If you are not sure, contact a jeweler who will do a check-up to make sure that they are in good condition.
- Remove them if you are doing something that might make them dirty.
- If you want your military rings to remain sparkling for long always store them in a lined box that will shield them from dirt and dust.
Well, that is how to clean rings, especially military rings. Remember, military rings are not only valuable but also delicate hence you need to handle them with a lot of care. Design your military rings at Military Online Shopping see here!